We are excited to have Pastors Marc and Susan Estes with us from Portland Oregon. We have put together a week of strategic and powerful meetings! Marc will be teaching all of our church volunteers on Thursday night, before teaching a seminar on Saturday called “Irresistible Christianity (registration is required). On Tuesday night before they fly out, we also are bringing our whole church together for a special meeting.
- Thursday 5 May – 7pm: Lifeplace Volunteers Meeting – whether you are already volunteering, or you would like to hear Pastor Marc Estes share about Volunteering, come along.
- Friday 6 May – 7pm: YOUTH – We have the privilege of Pastor Marc Estes, a world renowned speaker share his Heart with our amazing team.
- Saturday 7 May – 10:30am: Ladies Morning with Susan Estes
- Saturday 7 May – 1pm-5pm: Afternoon Seminar ‘Irresistible Christianity’. Please RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday 8 May - 9am, 11am, 6pm: Preaching at all Services
- Tuesday 10 May – 7pm: Evening Church Service at West End
About Pastor Marc Estes: Marc and his wife Susan serve as Executive Pastors at City Bible Church in Portland, Oregon under the leadership of Lead Pastor Frank Damazio. He serves as the Director of Pastoral Ministries. It’s a challenging post, but after traveling over 150 days a year as Director of Evangelism for Christian Equippers International in South Lake Tahoe, Marc welcomes the opportunity to give his life to reaching his own community as part of the pastoral team at his local church.
He still travels on occasion; Marc is sought-after for his casual, humorous approach and deeply convicting insight. He is frequently invited to speak at local churches around the nation and world as well as at leadership and youth conferences at home and abroad.
Over the years, Marc has written a prolific volume of church resources and training materials, as well as an award-winning book, Jesus Today, released in 2000. His latest book, What Now, which is an epic discovery of becoming “the you you were meant to be.” It was released in the summer 2006. Future writings are currently up his sleeve now.
Marc enjoys having large amounts of people over at his home. It’s not unusual for a group of guys to gather in his living room to watch a great sports game, while consuming large bowls of popcorn. Susan is a mentoring mom at City Bible Church, is active in women’s ministries and enjoys her photography and being a grandma.
Marc and Susan live in Happy Valley, Oregon and have two grown daughters, two sons, and three grandsons and one granddaughter. Marc’s two sons-in-law have come to accept his sense of humor as an unavoidable part of the package.