24/7 is here and church is open the entire week, just waiting for you to come in and seek God.
It is such a great opportunity for you to see the power of prayer at work, as we dedicate every night of a whole week to seeing God move. Things you have wanted breakthrough in for years are going to change as a result of the power of your prayers this week.
So to help you in your praying during our meetings here are a few keys:
- Give God praise. When we pray we should give him praise and thanks – remember who He is and all of the incredible things he has done in our lives. This is our way of lifting up God in our lives and making sure He is number one and above anything else. Matthew 6:10 “May Your kingdom come soon. May Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
- Align our prayers with God’s will and not our own. 1 John 5:14 “And we are confident that He hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases Him.”
Often we wonder why God doesn’t answer our prayers. Sometimes it’s because they are not in line with His will.
- Present our needs to God. God may know everything that we need, but He still wants us to ask for things and believe that He will supply everything that we need. Matthew 21:22 ” And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”
- Repent and Forgive. Acts 3:19 “Repent therefore, and turn, that your sins may be blotted out.” Repentance is more than just saying sorry. It is feeling – a sense of regret for what we have done; but it’s also making a decision to turn away from that sin and live a different way. It’s only when we have repented of our sins that we can start to live differently and God can begin to change us.
- Put your life in God’s hands. He will help us to live Godly lives and protect us from the traps the enemy would want to set for our lives. Allow God to be the guide of your life. Psalm 119:105 “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”
We are believing as a church for every individual to develop momentum in their personal prayer life and find spiritual breakthrough for 2010.
Join us this week for 24/7 – there is such power when believers come together and pray as one.
Looking forward to seeing you there!