Good health is a blessing from God, and it is His will for us that we are healthy in every area of our lives.
3 John 2 [NKJV] “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers”
If you’ve lived long enough you will know that health challenges are an inevitable part of life. Reflecting on my own church experience, I am astonished to realize that we so often hear messages about healing, but never about healthy living. Prayer for healing is an important part of the Christian walk, and we are fortunate to have a God we call the Great Physician. But should we accept the inevitable, or do we have a part to play in the area of maintaining our health?
This week, I challenge you to reflect on your habits and environment and ask the question “…is this healthy?” so you may progress towards changing for the better.
Beloved, as we begin the New Year, my prayer for you is to have a fresh perspective on health, that will help you prosper in all areas of your life. It is important that we don’t neglect our health, for when we are healthy we are more productive, go so much further and everyone around us is blessed.
Here are some “Health Truths” that I would like to share with you for 2017, and onwards as you journey through life:
• A healthy life starts with a healthy spirit
• If you are healthy, your world is more happy
• Healthy life happens in community
• God wants us healthy
• Committing to doing my best physically is a spiritual decision
• Don’t wait for a crises – make a change now
• Physical health is a long term investment
• If my pantry and fridge are not healthy I will not be healthy
• Exercise is good for your soul