What can fathers do to effectively ensure that their children grow up in a Godly environment?
- Cultivate a Fear of the Lord – Pr 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
- Children will learn to have respect for God if they see you exhibiting a healthy fear of Him and doing your best to obey Him
- Maintain a healthy relationship with God. God saved Noah and his entire family from the flood. Why? Because Noah believed, and had his relationship with God in order.
- Live with integrity – impart your faith by the morals, values and standards you live by. Give your children the gift of high moral standards.
- Remain yielded to God’s Spirit. Don’t be proud and stiff-necked. Being yielded to God’s Word and will is not being weak – it’s showing strength! Stay pliable, mouldable and obedient towards God.
- Value God’s House – you are a pillar of the church. Godly men play an active role in building strength into God’s body in the earth, the church –and into to society in general!
- Value the Word of God and make it a part of your family life.
Children will instinctively adopt your values. What values are you giving them?